Rogue 2E is a dungeon crawling game that uses storytelling game rules
- Pick Lists, Not Stats: Rather than stats, players select a custom list of 12 actions that they can perform at any time.
- Automatic Successes: Performing actions from your pick list allows you to succeeed automatically, unless the GM issues a challenge.
- Real-Time Refreshes: You can overcome ANY challenge by using your character's personal Ace (a phrase detailing your character's core powers), which refreshes every 15 minutes in real-time.
- Crises, Not Hit Points: Rather than using abstract HP totals, PCs manage a list of crises, such as injury, exhaustion, and incapacitation. So long as they have less than four, they are alive.
- Hard & Soft Events: You can cause anything to happen at any time by using the GM Events table, and interpreting the results as you see fit.
- Intiative-less Combat: Combat is dynamic and relies upon the GM following the logical narrative flow, rather than an artificial turn-based system.
- Narrative-Based Monsters: Monsters are composed of a list of events, a list of overwhelming powers, and a list of weaknesses that can be exploited.
- Rulings, Not Rules: Everything from monsters to events to crises to situational bonuses and penalties is designed to provide maximum support for GMs interested in running the game with important OSR principles.
SoulMuppet uses shipping partners in the UK and USA to provide shipping that's versatile and cost effective. We've focused on working with indie people within the games industry who understand our products, and providing shipping that lets as many customers as possible pay customs fees and duties upfront to avoid hassles at the border.
Our US shipping operation is a single person working part-time and our UK operation is part of a shared service with other games companies. Both are small and are businesses we hope we can help grow alongside us. This means we absolutely cannot ship and process items like a giant online business with multiple fulfilment centres, and nor do we aspire to. We're focused on paying the people we work with a fair wage and treating them as people.
United Kingdom Delivery
We send UK packages 1st class untracked, although larger and heavier packages may be sent tracked. The rates we charge on the store are for untracked. Typically this means a 2-4 day turnaround from you ordering your books to delivery. This is subject to delays related to Royal Mail services such as strikes or seasonal volumes. On occasion, large volumes of Kickstarter fulfilment at our warehouse can delay store orders.
United States Delivery
We send US orders via USPS media mail where possible. Turnaround times in our US warehouse vary significantly as it is a shared service that does a lot of Kickstarter fulfilment. Most orders will be processed within 48 hours, but processing can take up to 7 working days.
Most orders are sent via USPS media mail, but where items are not suitable for media mail we'll choose the most appropriate service for the order based on its contents.
We send EU packages tracked and where available via services that include duty paid in advance. This is reflected in what you pay on the store. For Kickstarter fulfilment products, this relies upon you picking the correct country variant and paying the correct amount. All our packages are sent with duty paid as books or at standard rate for non-books items. We are not able to take responsibility for decisions made by customs agencies in destination countries if they decide additional charges are needed.
Duty paid in advance services have a limit of £135. If your order goes over this value you will be responsible for dealing with the cost of duties and customs on arrival.
Rest of World Delivery
We set up shipping rates for countries not covered above on an individual basis. If you find the store shows everything as out of stock or you are unable to complete checkout because of your address, please contact us and we'll investigate options for setting up shipping to your country.
We send orders to countries not covered above using tracked services that are the most reliable available to us. This is often expensive, but costs less then resending packages multiple times.